Thursday, May 1, 2008

Recognition of Noelle's Adoption April 30, 2008

Today we went to court and had her adoption recognized by the State and had her name changed. I know it was changed over there, but we still needed to change it here if we wanted her to have a new birth certificate. So we'll be getting that in a couple of weeks along with her SS Card which we also ordered yesterday! We'll be applying for her passport in the next couple of months. It's not a requirement but we want her to have one.
Our judge was Alan Woodcock Jr. he was very nice and took his time with us. He asked us about our trip to China and wanted to know how Noelle was adjusting to everything. He went around the room and asked everyone there for their name, relation to us and wanted to know how they felt about the adoption. Both sets of parents were there along with Sheree. It was nice having them all there.



This is Noelle just before we left dressed all cute in her USA colors!

Waiting patiently for her turn in court : ) Actually she was all over the place I think she stood there for 15 seconds or less.



Here's the family with the Judge. I should have stood up so the picture would have looked better, but the Judge seemed to like Noelle down there.....they played : )


The whole gang....from the left you have my dad and mom, Mike's Dad and mom, Mike, Robin and Sheree

On another note, things are moving along with the adoption group. I have been talking with the leaders of the adoption group at our church along with AWAA and I believe we're all set to get this group rolling! Since we already have an adoption group at church we're going come together and just add the AWAA piece. I'm excited to see how the Lord is going to work through this group! Please keep everyone in prayer as we move forward.

5 comments:

the Steiger's said...

Congratulations!!! This is a big day. Two new americans. This is so funny that they had it same day. She looks cute in her american colours. I wish I thought of that. It was cold down her in NH anyway.
Lenka

Nicole said...

Noelle looks adorable as always, and Tonya your hair is so cute!!!

I bet it's nice to have another "step" done in this process! Although I bet this was one of the easier steps along the way!

Congratulations to you all!!

Salvador Family said...

Hi Tonya! Congrats on your re-adoption! Love her in that red dress! :)
Good to hear the adoption group is going well!
Love,
Tina

ForTheLoveOfOrphans said...

Yippie! Looks like you had fun that day. Looking forward to hearing how your groups go out there in Maine.
Love, Angie H

the Steiger's said...

Tonya,
I got your message. There was no time for me to get it ready for you. I did not read it till 10pm the night before and I left the house next morning around 9am. If you would like something for next time let me know. Please feel free to tell people about our blog.
Lenka