Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I have a wonderful book, Parents on their knees by Vi Goodrich, it's praying scripture for your children and I love it and thought I would post some of them every once in a while.

Day 1

Dear Lord, Thank you for the privilege as a parent to place my children in the safety of Your arms in prayer. Give these children favor in my eyes as a precious gift from You (Ps 127:3) Let me joy in parenting and raising them for You. As they grow, help me to instill into their hearts the depth of Your love (S of Sol 8:7; Jer 31:3, John 17:23; Rom 5:8). As only a heart can gain a heart, I pray that I would grow to love You with all my heart, all my soul, and all my strength (Deut 6:5), and that I might, in turn, diligently teach my children (Deut 6:7).

For my children - I pray that from the earliest age, they will be saved - that they will be sorry for their sins, accept Your plan of salvation, pray to ask You to live inside their heart where they will nurture a personal relationship with You (John 3:16; 2 Tim 3:15; Rom 10:9,10,13), and understand the depth of Your love for them. Teach them at a young age to hear Your voice (1Sam 3:10; John 10:3-5,27), to discern the desires of Your heart for them, and to follow the path You have chosen for them (Matt 7:13-14). Remind them that they're not here by chance, but by Your choosing, that Your hand formed them and made them the person they are, that You compare then to no one else, that they are one of a kind, lacking nothing that Your grace can't give them, and that You have allowed them to be here at a time in history to fulfill Your purpose for this generation.

No comments: