Tuesday, January 1, 2008


A beautiful first day of 2008!

This picture was taken this afternoon right in front of the house. We just had a storm yesterday that brought about 12 or so inches and tonight and tomorrow we'll be getting another 10-14 inches! Let's just pray the storms hold off when it's time for us to leave for China.

We are so excited to see what the Lord has in store for our family this year! Our first blessing this year will be traveling to China to bring home our baby girl! It looks like that's about 16 days away.....but who's counting right? : )

Actually come to think about it our first blessing could very well be adding a new niece to our family! Jen is ready to have Hannah any day now! She went to the hospital last night with contractions, but they stopped after a while so they sent her home today. We're praying it's soon Jen! We know you're ready!

OK, this may be a strange thing to post on a blog.....this is for all my friends who pray! My breasts especially my left one has been very painful for about two weeks now. I've been popping pills to help with the pain every 4 hours for over a week and it's not helping at all. So I broke down and went to the doctors yesterday and she felt lots of lumps and ordered a mammogram and ultra sound to see what's going on in there. She said the fact that it was painful was a good sign. But anytime you have lumps or pain in your breasts it makes a person uneasy....well it does for me anyway. I have my appointment tomorrow at the hospital for the mammogram and ultra sound so would you please keep me in prayer and pray that everything looks normal. She did say that I have fibrocystic breasts and went over some things that I can do to help. Basically diet and lose about 60 pounds! I know that Satan would like nothing better than to put fear in me right now. This is supposed to be a time of excitement as we are getting so close to traveling. Which it is, but I want to be feeling better by the time we leave.

Happy New Year to all of you!
Love, Tonya

3 comments:

Amy Woods said...

Tonya, I'm glad I read your post today. Today my husband and I are fasting and praying for break through for things/people that we are contending for that haven't come to pass yet. I will pray for you and your appt. That you will have peace. It says in Psalm 112 "they do not fear bad news, they confidently trust the Lord to care for them." You are being covered....

Amy Woods

Denise said...

I will be praying!

You new blog look is beautiful~

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, sis-in-law...I don't want anything to spoil this time for you. I love the new background too! I think Hannah is waiting for Noelle to make it home safe and sound ;)